Please wait, page is loading ...
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take to get my wildgame meat back?
- There is no easy way to say exactly when your order will be completed. However, it can be said that the earlier in the season you bring in your wildgame, the sooner you will get it back. Deer season is our busiest time of the year, so plan for a few months delay in your order.
Should I call to check on the progress of my wildgame order?
- If it has been more than a few months since you brought your wildgame in to be processed, then we are more than willing to work with you to find what is holding up the order. However, our standard policy is to call the customer when their order is ready. If you are away, we will leave a message on your answering machine. If you do not have an answering machine, or your cell phone's inbox has not been set up, we will try calling later in the day, and throughout the rest of the week. If we are unable to reach you, it will not affect any storage fees that would normally accrue.
How much beef/pork do you add to wildgame products?
- We add a "true third" of beef and/or pork to wildgame products (jerky products not included). This means that we add half of whatever amount you bring in. For example, if you were to bring us 50 lbs of deer meat that you wanted made all into brats, we would add 25 lbs of beef/pork to the deer, meaning you would get approximately 75 lbs of product back.
How long can I leave my meat there after I've been notified that it is ready?
- Standard policy is that you have 1 week (excluding weekends and holidays) to pick up your product once you have been notified that it is ready. After that, we begin to charge storage fees for each day after the week grace period that the order is left in our freezers. The customer is charged $5.00 per box each day the order is not picked up. If an emergency comes up, or you are out of town when you are called, arrangements can be made to accomodate.
What is the mimimum amount of a certain product I can have my wildgame made into?
- Due to how meat production works, the minimum amount of any wildgame product that can be made is 5 lbs. If your order is split into percentages and one of the products calculates out to below the 5 lb limit, poundage will be taken out of one of your other products on the order and added to the underweight product to reach the 5 lb limit.
Do you sell the seasonings you use for your meat products?
- Yes we do! All wildgame products listed on our website are available to have seasoning made for. It usually takes some time to mix the seasonings, so we do ask that you call ahead to place an order at least 1 hour ahead of time.
Do you sell casings if I want to process my own meat?
- Yes, we also sell casings! You can call to place an order for what kind of casing you are looking for, and the amount of meat you will be working with. We will then put together the appropriate order.
Do you deliver?
- For the most part, we do not deliver customer orders. However, when making wholesale deliveries to stores such as Kesslers in Aberdeen, or County Fair Foods in Watertown, we can try to work out a meet-up. Deliveries will be subject to when wholesale deliveries are made. Dates are not guaranteed, though we will try to call ahead of time if any changes in scheduling occur. Additional delivery fees may apply.
Do you ship?
- Yes, we do ship all over the country. We ship on Mondays to guarantee that your meat products arrive fresh, and are not delayed over weekends. We ship through UPS, though non-perishable products such as seasonings can be shipped any day during the week. We will always try to find the most cost-efficient method of shipping so that your products arrive quickly.
Where else can I find Frohling's products?
- Check out our products at Kens Superfair Foods in Britton, Groton, Eureka, and Ipswich, SD----KESSLERS in Aberdeen, SD----Dan's Grocery in Eden, SD----Bauer Supervalu in Faulkton, SD----Mashek Food Center in Highmore, SD----Hartman's Family Foods in Milbank, SD----Dakotamart in Pierre, SD----Smith's Liquor Gallery in Rapid City, SD----County Fair Foods in Watertown, SD----and Hy-Vee in Watertown, SD. You can also find Frohling's products in gas stations across southern North Dakota.